Ogasawara Island (Monsterland)
(Destroy All Monsters)
A rocky Pacific Island south of Japan. Ogasawara is better known as ‘Monsterland’ and used by the UN as both a sanctuary and holding pen for the world’s monsters.
The rocky slopes and sandy shore provide all sorts of curious and elaborate defense mechanisms designed to contain the monsters. Offshore, derrick-like towers serve the same purpose, spraying poisonous deterents, emitting magnetic waves or releasing noxious gas to prevent the monsters from straying too far from their prison.
Light (+5 point BONUS to Defense Rolls)
Godzilla (Showa), Minya (Showa), Rodan (Showa), Mothra (Showa), Ebirah (Showa), Kamacuras (Showa), Kumonga (Showa), Gabara, Gorosaurus, Manda (Showa), Varan, Baragon (Showa), Anguirus (Showa)
- Ogasawara is specially designed to contain monsters and limit their destructive instincts and actions. As such, the island’s defenses have a limiting effect on the kaiju kept there.
At the start of the match, each kaiju will roll a d6 to determine what effect these efforts by the staff at Ogasawara have on them:
1. The kaiju is very weak. REDUCE its Power Number -10.
2. The kaiju has become confused and disoriented. All Attack Rolls are made with a +5 point PENALTY.
3. Repeated attempts to break through the defenses have worn down the kaiju. It starts the battle suffering ONE WOUND.
4. The defense mechanisms of the island interfere with the kaiju’s special abilities. The kaiju’s Special Rules are NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
5. The defense mechanisms render the kaiju TOO WEAK to employ its Personal Primal Number.
6. Despite their best efforts, nothing the scientists do can weaken this kaiju. It suffers no ill effects and will fight the match as usual.