Tournament V: Ground Rules [READ OR ELSE]
Tournament V Ground Rules
You damn well better read these rules before you vote, lest I dull my teeth on your skull.
1. Voting for characters simply out of fanatical bias for them is unacceptable. Quite frankly, stuff like "omg enshohma pwns morgoth cuz he rox lol" is rancid, fanboyish tripe, and such votes will be disqualified. If you continue to break this rule after the first offense is brought to your attention, you will be blocked from the Roost Fighter forums and receive a warning.
2. You cannot request stat changes once you enter the tournament. Sorry kids, but life isnít always fair. I donít care if your character is the most pathetic in the Roost Fighter universe; if you want a bomb in your arsenal, youíll have to wait until the tournament is finished (and even then, I [Demon Eyes Parker] donít usually honour the request).
3. You must post clear, concise reasoning with your vote. Although a virtual poll will be set up this tournament, thereís no reason not to give a good reason for your choice in a quick (or not-so-quick) post. A vote like, "Orga777 will thrash ReaperGoji777 because the Soul Calibur is a deadly weapon," might just be acceptable. Many voters prefer giving long, detailed reasoning, and thatís good too.
4. You cannot change your vote once it is cast. Due to the fact that a virtual poll will be utilized in the matches, it would be entirely impossible to change your vote. However, if you posted that Monster Master would win, but then accidentally punched in a vote for Seer 235, that vote would go to Monster Master. And also, changing your vote just makes it harder to keep track of vote counts.
5. You better not bribe others to vote for you. Nobody with any good measure of self-esteem should resort to cheap, underhand tactics like this, but it has happened before (but only once, as far as I know). Anyone who gets a PM such as, "Please vote for me in my fight against Shadow" should report it immediately to the tournament hosts (Shadow and Demon Eyes Parker), who will deal with it in the best way they can: blocking the offender from the Roost Fighter forums. Anyone who actually does what the offender says will be shot on sight.
6. Whatís in your stats is everything that you have. In other words, if you claim that your character has a magical spell to turn people into bunny rabbits, when he really doesnít, your vote will be disqualified. Repeated offenses like this will result in you being blocked from the Roost Fighter forums.
7. For Dice Deathmatch spectators: Do not interrupt a battle while it is still going on. Please, resist the urge to tell others that Cole Deschain raped your mother when the battle has not yet concluded. You will be warned when to talk and when to be quiet, so pay attention to those cues. If you break this rule consistently, you will no longer be invited to watch the battles.
8. Be civil and polite when you are debating a match. Anyone who went to kindergarten should know how to conduct themselves properly, even in a debate. But in case you didnít go, then Iíll tell you: donít flame or bait people when you are discussing a match (eg "Hey, Pyras - come and get some u BUFFALO!!!111"). Donít resort to name-calling (eg "PyrasTerran is a buffalo") or any other offensive remarks (eg "PyrasTerran must enjoy those buffaloes."). If you do, you will be blocked from the Roost Fighter forums and receive a warning.
By the way, since the virtual poll will be set up, you will be allowed to discuss matches in the threads themselves, eliminating the need for several discussion threads going on at once.
9. Stay on topic. If you want to tell others that you made love to several beautiful women during your trip to Mexico*, reserve that for the General Chat. It does not belong in any Roost Fighter Tournament threads. If you go off-topic too many times, you will be blocked from the Roost Fighter boards and receive a warning.
10. Do not vote consistently for yourself unless you can provide logical, unbiased reasoning. If you say that, for example, "My awesome power will destroy Chronos in one hit," congratulations: you are an idiot, and will be blocked from the Roost Fighter boards.
11. All participants will be expected to abide by these rules at all times. The rules listed above must followed at all times by everyone - no exceptions. I donít care if you are the Prime Minister of Canada - if you break the rules, you must face the consequences (sorry, Mr. PM).
Random Note #1: Past winners have been known to sit out for tournaments in order for someone new to take the crown. If you won a previous tournament and donít feeling like entering this one, that is your prerogative. I accept no responsibility for such a decision.
Random Note #2: Non-Roost Fighter participants are also welcome to join in the proceedings. They also, however, are expected to abide by the rules set out above.
Recommendation: Please try to post in at least one fight per round, if you are able. If you are too busy, or have more important priorities, then that is acceptable. However, if none of that applies to you, please try to make an effort to vote.
If you feel that any of the above rules are unfair, please send a polite private message to one of the tournament hosts (Demon Eyes Parker and/or Shadow), and we will try to compromise.
[Note: My apologies to all those who were named in the above rules - especially PyrasTerran, who must feel like he was buried in buffalo manure.]
* And if you do, tell me what their phone numbers are.
"Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."
--Robert E. Howard, "The Phoenix on the Sword"